Materials:SS-26 Silver-filled Silicone
From Fab @ Home
Material Data For SS-26 Silver-filled Silicone RTV
Member of Material Category: Electrically Conductive Composite Materials
Image of SS-26 Silver-filled Silicone RTV in container as purchased
SS-26 is a 1-part, room-temperature vulcanizing (RTV) silicone rubber blended with silver powder to make a material which is highly conductive and elastic when cured (crosslinked). Curing requires ~1 hour/mm of thickness in typical ambient conditions (70F/26C, ~50%RH) to be handled, and ~24 hours for a full cure.
Recipe and/or Vendors
- Silicone Solutions Inc., Ohio, USA, US$75, 6oz
Tool Parameter Files
- To make use of these tool configuration files, save them in the "Tools" folder of your Fab@Home Application Folder, and restart the application, or reload the tool files using the application menu command.
- Please name the tools files as:
"MaterialName_TipInternalDiameterInMicrometers_NeedleOrTaper.tool" - see examples below
- Please include your name and a revision date as comments in the tool file so that others can consult with you
- If your file is for a 2-syringe tool machine, please include the prefix Right_ or Left_ to the file name.
- To upload files, please compress them first - the wiki will not allow .tool file extensions.
Techniques and Examples
Please upload pictures of successful use of this material, e.g. a part or support structure made with the material.
Techniques and Notes
Please list any use techniques that you have developed for this material here, including post-processing, compatibility issues, etc.
Please list known physical, mechanical, electrical, thermal, and chemical properties of SS-26 Silver-filled Silicone RTV here or link to an electronic source of information.
Links to Properties
Density: 3.06 g/cc
Tensile Strength: 1.93 MPa Elongation: 165% Hardness: Shore A 70
Bulk resistivity: 0.005 Ohm*cm
Please upload or link to a Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) here, or provide any information that you can on storage and use hazards, safe handling procedures, safety equipment, etc.
- [[Media:Electrically Conductive Composite Materials_SS-26 Silver-filled Silicone RTV_MSDS.pdf|Please upload a PDF of the MSDS here]]